JEWELRY AT NATASHAHS
At NATASHAHS, you will find jewelry made of various metals and platings. For Bridal imitation, we use traditional Manjoos and other alloys such as brass, copper and aluminium, etc. that er plated with silver, gold and rhodium.
We have various styles that are introduced from time to time varying from Turkish, Persian, Asian and Western, traditional bridal as per new era needs.
WHAT MATERIALS ARE USED TO MAKE JEWELRY?
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR JEWELRY IN GOOD CONDITION FOR LONG TIME
1) After every use, clean your plated jewelry with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt.
2) Rub the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewelry cloth, helps restore shine. Do *not* use a polishing cloth as this will strip away the plating.
3) Do not coat your jewelry with your nail polish lacquor
HOW TO KEEP AWAY YOUR GOLD-PLATED JEWELRY FROM FADING
1) Store your gold-plated jewelry in a velvet lined jewelry box, or wrap it in a soft material that will prevent scratches. Keep gold-plated jewelry away from hard surfaces. Bumps and scratches will cause the gold layer to wear away faster. Light wrap your jewelry with a cotton cloth
2) Lightly wipe your gold-plated jewelry with a damp cotton cloth. This will help to eliminate any dirt or dust from accumulating on the surface and wearing away the gold layer.
3) Avoid spraying perfumes around worn jewelry items.
4) DO NOT use any DAMP cloth to clean your jewelry
HOW TO KEEP AWAY YOUR SILVER-PLATED JEWELRY FROM TARNISHING
All silver-plated jewelry will tarnish due to negligent care, as the chemicals from daily wear and the exposed layer of silver react with air to change the color of a piece. Silver-plated jewelry has a thin layer of silver that covers a base metal, often brass.
1) Keep It Dry. The fastest way to tarnish your jewelry is by contact with moisture and liquids.
2) Store It Properly in a cotton line box and put in some desiccant bags to avoid moisture. Chalk absorbs moisture, and moisture causes tarnish. To slow tarnishing, wrap a piece of chalk in cheesecloth and place it in the bag with your silver.
It's also fine to store your silver in a sealed zip-top plastic bag, but DO NOT wrap it in plastic wrap or secure with rubber bands. Other storage options include flannel bags designed for silver storage or chests or drawers lined with a tarnish-resistant flannel such as Pacific Silver cloth.
3) Try a Jewelry Protectant Spray for some jewelry items though at NATASHAHS, we do not recommend for using on our jewelry. As our jewelry whether gold plated or silver plated is already lacquered in a way that it will take time to tarnish if taken care of properly.
USUALLY GOLD-PLATED & SILVER-PLATED JEWELRY HAVE A VERY THIN LAYER OF PLATING THAT CAN EASILY WEAR OFF, so it is better to store these items properly rather than preferring them cleaning with any cleaner. Avoid any cleaners if you want your jewelry to last longer for at least 3 years.
4) Avoid spraying perfumes around worn jewelry items.
5) DO NOT use any DAMP cloth to clean your jewelry.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR ORIGINAL SILVER JEWELRY ONLY
Most people recommend cleaning ORIGINAL silver jewelry with coke if you cannot find any chemical cleaner. If you reside in countries where you can find DENTONIC tooth cleaning powder, that is the best solution to use for cleaning silver jewelry.
WHAT IS A COSTUME JEWELRY?
Modern costume jewelry incorporates a wide range of materials. High end crystals, cubic zirconia simulated diamonds, and some semi-precious stones are used in place of precious stones. Metals include gold- or silver-plated brass, and sometimes vermeil or sterling silver.
TAKING CARE OF RINGS THAT ARE NOT SILVER OR GOLD
You can use clear nail polish to prevent discoloration and chipping on costume/fashion jewelry you can apply a thin coat of clear nail polish as protection to the part of the accessory that makes contact with your skin. Make sure it's completely dry before wearing it, and then reapply every couple of weeks as the varnish starts to wear off.
WHAT IS STERLING SILVER?
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. The sterling silver standard has a minimum millesimal fineness of 925.
WHAT IS CUBIC ZIRCONIA?
Cubic zirconia (CZ) is the cubic crystalline form of zirconium dioxide (ZrO2). The synthesized material is hard and usually colorless, but may be made in a variety of different colors. It should not be confused with zircon, which is a zirconium silicate (ZrSiO4).